Director Mueller’s Fond Farewell
August 30, 2013
FBI Director Robert Mueller reflects on his unprecedented tenure before he retires from the Bureau.
Mollie Halpern: FBI Director Robert Mueller reflects on his unprecedented tenure before he retires from the Bureau.
Director Robert Mueller: It has been my greatest honor and privilege to have been part of the FBI family for the past 12 years.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. Director Mueller began the job just one week before the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. Since then, he guided the Bureau from a traditional law enforcement agency into an intelligence-driven, threat-focused national security organization. Director Mueller…
Director Robert Mueller: On the one hand, the security that we need to prevent substantial terrorist attacks; and yet on the other hand, adhering to the goals, the aspirations embodied in the Constitution.
Halpern: Director Mueller says his successor, James Comey, embodies the Bureau’s motto of fidelity, bravery, and integrity…
Director Mueller: While it is indeed difficult to leave this family, I leave knowing that the work will continue under the leadership of individuals such as Jim Comey.
Halpern: Mr. Comey will be sworn in as Director on September 4.
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social
- 06.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Academy Marks Milestone