The 2011 Director’s Community Leadership Awards
March 16, 2012
Recipients of the Director’s Community Leadership Award from around the nation were honored for their contributions to society during an event at FBI Headquarters.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI works hand in hand with civic leaders to make America safe and strong. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week.
Recipients of the Director’s Community Leadership Award from around the nation were honored for their contributions to society during an event at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Paula Goldberg, of Minneapolis, accepted the award on behalf of PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center.
Paula Goldberg: Children who have disabilities are bullied three times more than the average child, and that’s how we started the National Bullying Prevention Center. Any child who is bullied is someone that we care about.
Halpern: PACER works to end bullying through websites, educational materials, and the National Bullying Prevention Month.
Goldberg: The FBI is helping us spread the message that bullying prevention is so crucial, and we contact the FBI if we receive messages or issues that we feel need attention.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov
- 02.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: Restoring the Identities of Unknown Human Remains
- 02.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Partnership Helps Reduce Backlogged Sexual Assault Kits
- 02.01.2018 — Inside the FBI: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII
- 02.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII
- 01.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Preliminary Semiannual Crime Statistics Released