Cyber Talk with the FBI Director
October 16, 2009
Cyberspace and cyber crimes are hot topics. FBI Director Robert Mueller recently talked about them at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco.
Mr. Schiff: Cyberspace and cyber crimes are hot topics. FBI Director Robert Mueller recently talked about them at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco.
Director Mueller: “ The Internet has created virtual doors into our lives, into our finances, our businesses, and our national security.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI Director said if the bad guys can get to us, they will.
Director Mueller: “ Criminals, spies, and terrorists are testing our doorknobs every day and looking for a way in.”
Mr. Schiff: And Director Mueller said it could be happening right now, at any time, day or night.
Director Mueller: “ What if I told you that as you sit here today, strangers were walking through your offices, homes, and dorm rooms? What if they were opening your drawers, reading your files, accessing your financial information, or stealing your company’s research and development?”
Mr. Schiff: Keep your computer virus scanners up to date and report cyber crimes to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center, IC3. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 09.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — Inside the FBI: Comey’s Remarks at the 10th Anniversary of the National Security Division
- 09.16.2016 — FBI, This Week: The FBI’s Strategy to Combat the Evolving Terror Threat
- 09.09.2016 — FBI This Week: Leveraging Linguists for FBI Investigations