July 16, 2010
Learn more about the FBI's Crisis Management Unit in this podcast.
Ms. Ballew: The FBI stands ready to assist, 24/7, seven days a week.
Mr. Albright: “The Crisis Management Unit’s mission is to enhance the FBI’s ability to prepare for, respond to, and successfully resolve any sort of critical incident or major investigation.”
Ms. Ballew: Thomas Albright, chief of the FBI’s Crisis Management Unit, says the FBI works in the domestic and foreign arena.
Mr. Albright: “We send teams based on the nature of the incident and what our mission is in that incident.”
Ms. Ballew: FBI usually deploys as soon as there is information to justify the deployment.
Mr. Albright: “We prefer to get out before an event in the hopes of preventing something from happening; we also deploy immediately upon information being received that an event has taken place.”
Ms. Ballew: Teams go to different environments, based on the event. In a special event, there might be time to plan. Other situations, no time at all….
Mr. Albright: “If it’s a crisis that happens without warning, we take what we can get so that we can get out there and begin our operations, organize ourselves, and begin working with our partner agencies as soon as possible.”
Ms. Ballew: I’m Denise Ballew of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week .”
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims