Crimes Against Children
January 7, 2011
The FBI’s Crimes Against Children program has several missions, one of which is to provide a quick and effective investigative response when crimes are perpetrated against children.
Ms. Ballew: The FBI’s Crimes Against Children program has several missions, one of which is to provide a quick and effective investigative response when crimes are perpetrated against children. A key responder is the CARD, or Child Abduction Rapid Deployment, team.
Mr. Rennison: “Which is a squad of agents throughout the country, and any time there’s a child abduction, they deploy to go to the scene of the abduction.”
Ms. Ballew: Supervisory Special Agent Richard Rennison, in the Crimes Against Children program at FBI Headquarters, says another part of that program is…
Mr. Rennison: “The Innocence Lost National Initiative, which is teenage prostitution and trying to get kids off the street.”
Ms. Ballew: The vulnerabilities of children can be reduced through education.
Mr. Rennison: “A lot of the first-line defense for serious dangers against kids start with the child and them being educated as to know what to look for, and things to look out for to keep them safe.”
Ms. Ballew: The public can help as well.
Mr. Rennison: “The more educated the public is to what we’re looking for, the better chance we have to bring a kid back home safe.”
Ms. Ballew: For more resources, go to www.fbi.gov. I’m Denise Ballew of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims