Counterterrorism - II
September 11, 2009
A lot of people have signed-up for the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division since 9/11/2001.
Mr. Schiff: A lot of people have signed-up for the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division since 9/11/2001.
Mr. Heimbach: “ Dedicated, not only special agents throughout the country, dedicated professional analysts have joined our work force; numerous other dedicated support positions who contribute to ensuring that we keep this nation safe.”
Mr. Schiff: Mike Heimbach, assistant director of the Counterterrorism Division. He says more than a hundred Joint Terrorism Task Forces include state and local officers.
Mr. Heimbach: “They are deputized as federal marshals, so they are one of us, just over 4,000 additional resources. ”
Mr. Schiff: You can help, too. Heimbach says you can be extra eyes and ears.
Mr. Heimbach: “If I have millions of individuals paying attention to different nuances in their own neighborhoods, in their own backyards, we will stay safer.”
Mr. Schiff: Visit FBI.gov for more on counterterrorism. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 09.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — Inside the FBI: Comey’s Remarks at the 10th Anniversary of the National Security Division
- 09.16.2016 — FBI, This Week: The FBI’s Strategy to Combat the Evolving Terror Threat
- 09.09.2016 — FBI This Week: Leveraging Linguists for FBI Investigations