Counterterrorism - I
August 4, 2009
The FBI's Counterterrorism Division Assistant Director discusses the roles and responsibilities of the division and its mission to the American people.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI’s Counterterrorism Division has an important mission.
Mr. Heimbach: "Our mission is to ensure that the American people can live without fear of terrorism.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Mike Heimbach. He is the FBI assistant director for counterterrorism.
Mr. Heimbach: “It’s basically to find any potential terrorists that are here in the United States , whether known or those that are unknown to us; to eliminate their ability to conduct a homeland attack; and/or to allow our citizens to live in freedom . ”
Mr. Schiff: Heimbach says terrorists use computers and the Internet, and he wants the latest in technology for his agents and analysts.
Mr. Heimbach: “Have systems that show a correlation between different subjects, different travel patterns, different types of connectivity that allows them to cull through in a timely manner and not a very tedious manner in terms of connecting the strategic dots.”
Mr. Schiff: More on counterterrorism at FBI.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 10.27.2016 — Se Busca por el FBI: Luis Macedo
- 10.27.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El Centro de Quejas de Crímenes por Internet, IC3
- 10.27.2016 — Inside the FBI: Overseas Program Expands to Face Global Cyber Threat
- 10.27.2016 — FBI, This Week: Overseas Program Expands to Face Global Cyber Threat
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Statistics Released - Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2015