Counterterrorism - I
August 4, 2009
The FBI's Counterterrorism Division Assistant Director discusses the roles and responsibilities of the division and its mission to the American people.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI’s Counterterrorism Division has an important mission.
Mr. Heimbach: "Our mission is to ensure that the American people can live without fear of terrorism.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Mike Heimbach. He is the FBI assistant director for counterterrorism.
Mr. Heimbach: “It’s basically to find any potential terrorists that are here in the United States , whether known or those that are unknown to us; to eliminate their ability to conduct a homeland attack; and/or to allow our citizens to live in freedom . ”
Mr. Schiff: Heimbach says terrorists use computers and the Internet, and he wants the latest in technology for his agents and analysts.
Mr. Heimbach: “Have systems that show a correlation between different subjects, different travel patterns, different types of connectivity that allows them to cull through in a timely manner and not a very tedious manner in terms of connecting the strategic dots.”
Mr. Schiff: More on counterterrorism at FBI.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social