Construction Fraud = $2.5 million
August 7, 2009
The man’s name is Craig John Oliver and the FBI wants to find him. Special Agent Jeff Reising says Oliver’s a con man, a construction con man.
Mr. Schiff: The man’s name is Craig John Oliver and the FBI wants to find him. Special Agent Jeff Reising says Oliver’s a con man, a construction con man.
Mr. Reising: “ He collected fraudulently over $2.5 million.”
Mr. Schiff: Reising says Oliver would tell a homeowner he could upgrade a kitchen or do a home addition, but collect thousands ahead of time. One Fairfax County , Virginia , case found a woman paying $23,000 upfront and another $28,000 before work began.
Mr. Reising: “ We have 68 confirmed victims of Craig Oliver both in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the state of Maryland.”
Mr. Schiff: Reising says Oliver, who pleaded guilty to Wire Fraud and then skipped out while on bail, may be with his wife, a short, petite, blonde.
Mr. Reising: “ Her name is Jennifer Oliver, but in Phoenix ( Arizona ), she went by the name Janie Sullivan.”
Mr. Schiff: The Internet is the place to see pictures of Craig Oliver and his wife. Surf over to www.fbi.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 06.28.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Programa de Agentes Especiales Jóvenes
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America