Computer Scientists in the FBI
November 8, 2012
The FBI is hiring additional computer scientists to strengthen its abilities to combat the growing cyber threat from those who seek to attack us using the Internet.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is hiring additional computer scientists to strengthen its abilities to combat the growing cyber threat from those who seek to attack us using the Internet.
Richard A. McFeely: We hope to have at least one computer scientist in every one of our field offices.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. The FBI is working on a three-phased approach to hiring, recruiting, and training computer scientists as part of its Next Generation Cyber Initiative. Computer scientists will provide technical expertise to critical cyber investigations. FBI Executive Assistant Director Richard McFeely says the new hires will work side by side with special agents…
McFeely: The key part of any cyber investigation is determining who is conducting the attack and what is their motive? In order to get to that, we’ve got to do all of the necessary technical analysis to determine who is at the other end of the keyboard perpetrating these actions—and that is going to be the key role of the computer scientist.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbijobs.gov.
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims