9/11 Review Commission
March 26, 2015
A report detailing the FBI’s progress of fulfilling recommendations from the 9/11 Commission is now public.
Halpern: A report detailing the FBI’s progress of fulfilling recommendations from the 9/11 Commission is now public. FBI Director James Comey…
Director James Comey: We want the American people to see what they're getting for their money, what the FBI is doing, what the FBI is doing well, what the FBI could do better.
Halpern: The report, entitled The FBI: Protecting the Homeland in the 21st Century, comes after a congressionally mandated 14-month review. The panel of commissioners concluded that the FBI “has made strides in the past decade.” It also made recommendations so that the FBI can better address the increasingly complex threat environment. Director Comey says the FBI has already taken steps to do so.
Director Comey: My belief about what it means to be world-class is something I have shared with this entire organization all over the country. I think being world-class means knowing you are good but never being satisfied that you are good enough. I believe the FBI is world-class, and I think this helps us embrace the second half of that equation. It shows us ways in which we can be better.
Halpern: The full report is available on fbi.gov. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 09.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: Santiago Villalba Mederos Added to Top Ten List
- 09.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: 2016 Crime in the United States Report Released
- 09.21.2017 — FBI, This Week: Office of Integrity and Compliance Marks 10th Anniversary
- 09.14.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Operational Support During Hurricanes
- 09.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: Director Christopher Wray Speaks at INSA Summit