July 12, 2013
If this month’s 66th anniversary of the unexplained events in Roswell, New Mexico sparks your interest, visit the FBI’s Vault to check out our files.
Mollie Halpern: UFOs and extraterrestrials are not an investigative interest of the FBI, but if this month’s 66th anniversary of the unexplained events in Roswell, New Mexico sparks your interest, then visit The Vault on the FBI website.
John Fox: One of the popular sections on The Vault is Unexplained Phenomena—we’ve had requests for files on UFOs, spontaneous combustion...
Mollie Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is Gotcha, the FBI’s closed case of the week. Director Hoover ordered special agents to verify UFO sighting for a few years after the Roswell incident. The order came at the request of the Air Force, which took the lead in those types of investigations. FBI historian John Fox says years after Roswell, an FBI agent received a third-hand claim…
Fox: Someone was talking about the Air Force finding a couple of flying disks and little green men. Although it was reported back to Headquarters, Washington Field Office didn’t think it merited further investigation, and Headquarters certainly didn’t either.
Halpern: To see this memo and other files on unexplained phenomena, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 09.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — Inside the FBI: Comey’s Remarks at the 10th Anniversary of the National Security Division
- 09.16.2016 — FBI, This Week: The FBI’s Strategy to Combat the Evolving Terror Threat
- 09.09.2016 — FBI This Week: Leveraging Linguists for FBI Investigations