Sting! Insurance Fraud - I
June 13, 2008
Check your medical receipts and bills. Lots of insurance fraud out there. Special Agent Terry Nestor at the FBI’s Philadelphia office says insurance company workers can look for patterns...
Mr. Schiff: Check your medical receipts and bills. Lots of insurance fraud out there. Special Agent Terry Nestor at the FBI’s Philadelphia office says insurance company workers can look for patterns...
Ms. Nestor: "Same doctors, same lawyers, same patients, and they show up over and over and over, that seems to be the pattern that shows that we have people staging accidents.”
Mr. Schiff: Nestor says records show a trail...
Ms. Nestor: "Showing up at the same clinics and the same lawyers representing them, it just kind of shows that it’s kind of a corrupt circle that’s being perpetuated.”
Mr. Schiff: Over 30 people were involved in a recent case Nestor investigated...
Ms. Nestor: "A lot of insurance fraud rings in the Philadelphia area that were staging accidents and taking their patients to clinics that would bill for services not rendered.”
Mr. Schiff: Nestor says the FBI ran a sting called “Staged Impact”...
Mr. Wackes: "Once the pharmacist had the name of a doctor as a prescribing physician, all he then needs is the name and health insurance information from a patient."
Mr. Schiff: Suspects convicted in the prescription billing scheme faced Health Care Fraud, Bankruptcy Fraud and Wire Fraud charges. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative