Prison for Pedophile Who Drugged Victims
November 16, 2012
FBI agents close the case of a self-confessed pedophile who used his own son to ensnare his victims.
Mollie Halpern: FBI agents close the case of a self-confessed pedophile who used his own son to ensnare his victims.
Richard Anderson: The victims ranged in ages between 4 and 13.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Gotcha, the FBI’s closed case of the week. James “Phil” Edwards, of Kansas City, Missouri, was sentenced to 245 years in prison without parole. Edwards hid sleeping pills in ice cream and soda belonging to his son’s friends. Case agent Richard Anderson says…
Anderson: He was videotaping himself exploiting the minors as they were drugged and asleep.
Halpern: At first, undercover agents discovered Edwards was downloading child pornography from the Internet. Subsequent search warrants of Edwards’ home turned up additional evidence on his hard drives…
Anderson: He wrote his own pedophile handbooks on how to sexually exploit minors.
Halpern: For more on this case, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Statistics Released - Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2015
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country X
- 10.14.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Aprovechamiento de los Lingüistas en las Investigaciones del FBI
- 10.14.2016 — FBI, This Week: Social Engineering
- 10.06.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Alfonso Diaz-Juarez