Night Vision Equipment: Illegal Sales - I
May 2, 2008
Night vision equipment illegally sold abroad. FBI Special Agent Lisa Gentilcore in California investigated after the FBI’s Albuquerque, New Mexico, office called...
Mr. Schiff: Night vision equipment illegaly sold abroad. FBI Special Agent Lisa Gentilcore in California investigated after the FBI’s Albuquerque, New Mexico, office called...
Ms. Gentilcore: "They were asking us to look into an individual who was requesting some export controlled parts from a company in their area.”
Mr. Schiff: Gentilcore says the FBI worked closely with the Defense Department, Homeland Security and the IRS...
Ms. Gentilcore: "For the most part he was looking at exporting thermal imaging and infrared technology to the People’s Republic of China which is controlled under federal law.”
Mr. Schiff: The subject was in touch with a man in San Francisco…
Ms. Gentilcore: "An individual who was actually building the cameras and then he would ship them to his contacts in either Taiwan or the People’s Republic of China.”
Mr. Schiff: It was a puzzle for agents. Gentilcore says they found pieces of evidence in the subject’s garbage...
Ms. Gentilcore: "He had torn all of the documents into several different pieces and thrown them away.”
Mr. Schiff: After a hung jury trial, the subject pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two-years in prison and fined $50,000. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week.
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims