Ex-Army Major in Prison - I
January 8, 2010
He was a major in the Army stationed in Kuwait. And he was on the take. Special Agent Marc Diehl of the FBI’s Washington, D.C. field office says it was a case of bribes.
Mr. Schiff: He was a major in the Army stationed in Kuwait. And he was on the take. Special Agent Marc Diehl of the FBI’s Washington, D.C. field office says it was a case of bribes.
Mr. Diehl: "The greed has kind of taken over.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI, along with the Department of Defense, the Army’s Criminal Investigative Division, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction investigated. Diehl says this now retired major, at the time, was a contracting specialist who got bids for military contracts and some money in his own pocket.
Mr. Diehl: "He used a contractor over there and had it (money) sent to another contractor in the States and got his money when he got back in the States.”
Mr. Schiff: Diehl says the major used the cash to pay for his children’s schooling and to buy a house. The major eventually pleaded guilty in court.
Mr. Diehl: "Four counts of bribery and making a false statement, one count of a false statement.”
Mr. Schiff: The former major was sentenced in federal court to 57 months in prison and has to pay back $245,000. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s the FBI’s Closed Case of the Week.
- 04.24.2017 — El FBI se parece a usted (En Español)
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List