Child Predator Sentenced
July 25, 2013
A Missouri man who abducted and sexually exploited children is sentenced to 120 years in prison.
Mollie Halpern: A Missouri man who abducted and sexually exploited children is sentenced to 120 years in prison.
I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is Gotcha, the FBI’s closed case of the week. Jeffrey Shelton abducted a 5-year-old girl and took her to his home, where he sexually assaulted her. Supervisory Special Agent Daniel Netemeyer…
Daniel Netemeyer: He took his cell phone and videotaped the sexual assault.
Halpern: Shelton’s girlfriend walked in on the assault.
Netemeyer: He actually told the girlfriend that now he was going to have to kill both of them. He began physically assaulting the girlfriend, tied her up to a chair, duct taped her mouth shut...
Halpern: Shelton took off in his car. Teamwork between the FBI and local law enforcement resulted in Shelton’s arrest and the victim’s rescue just five hours later.
Netemeyer: The most important thing this case had—and it leads to the recovery of a lot of our victims alive—is the cooperation between all law enforcement agencies.
Halpern: Search warrants on Shelton’s phone revealed files of a 10-year old victim who Shelton had assaulted just four days prior. For more information on this case and the FBI’s Violent Crimes Against Children program visit www.fbi.gov.
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social