Cattle Money Fraud II
December 14, 2007
The FBI and the Bryan Police Department in Texas were kept busy with cattle, fraud and a woman who made a lot of money...
Mr. Schiff: The FBI and the Bryan Police Department in Texas were kept busy with cattle, fraud and a woman who made a lot of money. Special Agent Nikki Allen of the FBI's Houston Division says the woman ripped off investors by claiming to be a post-doctorate student at Texas A&M doing genetic research…
Ms. Allen: "The victims would pay the subject $600 for these heads of cattle and they were promised a return in nine months of about $300 or $400."
Mr. Schiff: Allen says the woman kept millions and was a big spender…
Ms. Allen: "She bought such things as jewelry; a lot of gold and diamond jewelry; rifles; and a mobile home."
Mr. Schiff: Allen says the woman claimed she only kept $50.00 of each investment…
Ms. Allen: "There were never any cattle. There was never any grant program and she certainly kept more than $50.00."
Mr. Schiff: The subject admitted the scheme and was given a 70 month prison sentence and ordered to pay back more than $2 million. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 02.14.2019 — FBI, This Week: Partnerships Help Prevent Illicit Streaming
- 02.08.2019 — Se Busca Por el FBI: Hasta $3 Millones de Recompensa por Hossein Ahmad Larijani
- 02.08.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Publicación de las Estadísticas de 2017 de Delitos Motivados por el Odio
- 02.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of African-American Special Agents
- 01.31.2019 — FBI, This Week: Trade Secret Theft Protection and Prevention Safeguards