Brothel Boss Sentenced to Life
June 19, 2012
The boss of a brothel of teenage girls known as the Boom Boom Room is behind bars for life.
Mollie Halpern: The boss of a brothel of teenage girls known as the Boom Boom Room is behind bars for life.
Dereck Farinha: This guy needed to be taken off the street.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and this is Gotcha. An investigation by the FBI’s Minor Vice Task Force and the Broward County Florida Sheriff’s Office revealed that James Mozie recruited girls as young as 14 to work as prostitutes for him. Mozie made the girls fill out applications about what sex acts they were willing to do. Case Agent Dereck Farinha says Mozie made the girls “audition”…
Farinha: Basically, that was just having sex with him. And he would say that’s testing the merchandise before the customers came.
Halpern: Mozie sent naked pictures of the girls through mass text messaging to advertise his business specials.
Farinha: The sentence for this case will definitely send a message to the other people who want to be pimps and try to prostitute children that they’re not going to get away with a light sentence.
Halpern: Mozie was convicted of multiple charges, including producing child pornography and child sex trafficking. This has been the FBI’s closed case of the week.
- 09.11.2018 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 1
- 09.11.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Delivers Life-Saving Message to 9/11 First Responders
- 09.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hoax Threats Have Consequences
- 08.31.2018 — FBI, This Week: Protected Voices Initiative Launched
- 08.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hi-Tech Organized Crime Unit Targets Online Drug Traffickers