Best Cop Money Could Buy
July 2, 2013
A former police chief is caught on tape referring to himself as the “best cop money could buy.”
Mollie Halpern: The FBI closes the case of a former police chief who was caught on tape referring to himself as the “best cop money could buy.”
Bradley Orsini: The chief was predisposed to criminal activity before we actually even opened up our public corruption investigation.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Gotcha, the FBI’s closed case of the week. On two separate occasions, former chief Donald Solomon provided protection for a drug dealer who was actually an undercover FBI agent. Supervisory Special Agent Bradley Orsini of the FBI Pittsburgh Division says Solomon also provided weapons…
Orsini: Chief Solomon also bought two Tasers, which are law enforcement-specific, and turned them over to the undercover agent.
Halpern: In return for betraying his badge, the supposed drug dealer paid Solomon. They spoke of doing more jobs in the future.
Orsini: It’s a sad day for law enforcement as a whole that a chief of police would sell his badge for $8,800.
Halpern: Solomon was sentenced to 11 years in federal prison for extortion.
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims