Best Cop Money Could Buy
July 2, 2013
A former police chief is caught on tape referring to himself as the “best cop money could buy.”
Mollie Halpern: The FBI closes the case of a former police chief who was caught on tape referring to himself as the “best cop money could buy.”
Bradley Orsini: The chief was predisposed to criminal activity before we actually even opened up our public corruption investigation.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Gotcha, the FBI’s closed case of the week. On two separate occasions, former chief Donald Solomon provided protection for a drug dealer who was actually an undercover FBI agent. Supervisory Special Agent Bradley Orsini of the FBI Pittsburgh Division says Solomon also provided weapons…
Orsini: Chief Solomon also bought two Tasers, which are law enforcement-specific, and turned them over to the undercover agent.
Halpern: In return for betraying his badge, the supposed drug dealer paid Solomon. They spoke of doing more jobs in the future.
Orsini: It’s a sad day for law enforcement as a whole that a chief of police would sell his badge for $8,800.
Halpern: Solomon was sentenced to 11 years in federal prison for extortion.
- 01.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Organized Retail Crime Can Create Health Dangers for Consumers
- 01.05.2017 — FBI, This Week: Highway Serial Killings Initiative
- 12.29.2016 — FBI, This Week: Report Border Corruption
- 12.23.2016 — Se Busca por el FBI: Robert Francis Van Wisse en la Lista de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 12.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI