Best Cop Money Could Buy
July 2, 2013
A former police chief is caught on tape referring to himself as the “best cop money could buy.”
Mollie Halpern: The FBI closes the case of a former police chief who was caught on tape referring to himself as the “best cop money could buy.”
Bradley Orsini: The chief was predisposed to criminal activity before we actually even opened up our public corruption investigation.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Gotcha, the FBI’s closed case of the week. On two separate occasions, former chief Donald Solomon provided protection for a drug dealer who was actually an undercover FBI agent. Supervisory Special Agent Bradley Orsini of the FBI Pittsburgh Division says Solomon also provided weapons…
Orsini: Chief Solomon also bought two Tasers, which are law enforcement-specific, and turned them over to the undercover agent.
Halpern: In return for betraying his badge, the supposed drug dealer paid Solomon. They spoke of doing more jobs in the future.
Orsini: It’s a sad day for law enforcement as a whole that a chief of police would sell his badge for $8,800.
Halpern: Solomon was sentenced to 11 years in federal prison for extortion.
- 03.22.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Marysol Pena
- 03.21.2019 — FBI, This Week: Women’s History Month
- 03.14.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Another Milestone for the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 03.13.2019 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Mandates Visit to 9/11 Memorial and Museum for Trainees
- 03.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Participates in Largest Nationwide Elder Fraud Sweep to Date