Abducted Girl Recovered
May 12, 2014
The FBI and its local police partners recover a 4-year old girl abducted from her home in Louisiana, Missouri.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its local police partners recover a 4-year old girl abducted from her home in Louisiana, Missouri. One of the FBI’s five Child Abduction Rapid Deployment—or CARD—teams immediately deployed to the scene, where they provided investigative and technical assistance to local and state police. Supervisory Special Agent Scott Schelble…
Scott Schelble: The child’s 6-year-old brother as well as a 10-year-old friend actually observed the subject driving away in a sedan with the 4-year-old child.
Halpern: They found the victim at a car wash in a neighboring town.
Schelble: The child was wearing boys' clothing, and he had her hair cut short to make her look like a boy.
Halpern: Investigators reviewed surveillance video showing a man buying clothing that matched what the little girl was wearing when she was recovered. They identified the man as a registered sex offender and tracked him down.
Schelble: This case is an example of law enforcement at every level working collectively with the top priority of recovering the child and getting the person responsible.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and you’ve been listening to Gotcha, the Bureau’s closed case of the week.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes