Abducted Girl Recovered
May 12, 2014
The FBI and its local police partners recover a 4-year old girl abducted from her home in Louisiana, Missouri.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its local police partners recover a 4-year old girl abducted from her home in Louisiana, Missouri. One of the FBI’s five Child Abduction Rapid Deployment—or CARD—teams immediately deployed to the scene, where they provided investigative and technical assistance to local and state police. Supervisory Special Agent Scott Schelble…
Scott Schelble: The child’s 6-year-old brother as well as a 10-year-old friend actually observed the subject driving away in a sedan with the 4-year-old child.
Halpern: They found the victim at a car wash in a neighboring town.
Schelble: The child was wearing boys' clothing, and he had her hair cut short to make her look like a boy.
Halpern: Investigators reviewed surveillance video showing a man buying clothing that matched what the little girl was wearing when she was recovered. They identified the man as a registered sex offender and tracked him down.
Schelble: This case is an example of law enforcement at every level working collectively with the top priority of recovering the child and getting the person responsible.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and you’ve been listening to Gotcha, the Bureau’s closed case of the week.
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims