Murder Anniversary of Tom Wales
September 28, 2011
He was a father, a friend to many, and a community leader, but the life of Thomas Crane Wales was cut short a decade ago next month.
Mollie Halpern: He was a father, a friend to many, and a community leader, but the life of Thomas Crane Wales was cut short a decade ago next month.
Russell E. Fox: It’s naturally a time when we all want to honor his memory.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. A reward of up to $1 million is being offered for information leading to the arrest or conviction of the person responsible for the murder of Wales. Supervisory Special Agent Russell Fox says Wales, an assistant United States attorney in Seattle, was in his basement home office when…
Fox: He was shot multiple times through a basement window.
Halpern: A Makarov pistol with a replacement barrel was used to murder Wales. This type of barrel is stainless steel, giving it a silver color, and may even have a threaded end to attach a silencer.
Fox: This is a distinctive weapon; it certainly could be something that someone might recall.
Halpern: The FBI and our law enforcement partners need your help closing this case.
Fox: We’re encouraging the public to come forward with any information they have. That could be the piece that we’re looking for to help us break this case.
Halpern: Dial 1-800-CALL-FBI or send an anonymous tip to www.fbi.gov.
- 02.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: Restoring the Identities of Unknown Human Remains
- 02.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Partnership Helps Reduce Backlogged Sexual Assault Kits
- 02.01.2018 — Inside the FBI: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII
- 02.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII
- 01.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Preliminary Semiannual Crime Statistics Released