Mirvat Safwat Elnady
December 1, 2011
The FBI needs your help tracking down Mirvat Elnady—a fugitive who kidnapped two children.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help tracking down Mirvat Elnady—a fugitive who kidnapped two children.
Kristina Norris: She left the United States with her sons and traveled to her home country of Egypt.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Elnady lost legal custody of her children after a lengthy divorce with the children’s father—an American citizen living in Boston. Elnady allegedly kidnapped their sons during a court-authorized visitation in 2009. Noor Bower was 8 years old, and his brother, Ramsay, was just 6 at the time. Special Agent Kristina Norris…
Norris: When she left the country with them, Mr. Bower obviously became very distraught. He spent the last couple of years looking for them. It is very distressing to not know exactly where your children are.
Halpern: Federal and Massachusetts arrest warrants as well as an Interpol Red Notice have been issued for Elnady.
Norris: We are not here to judge whether one parent is better than the other; the FBI is here to enforce the International Parental Kidnapping Act.
Halpern: If you have information on this case, call your local FBI office.
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative