Megan Elizabeth Everett Sought in Daughter's Kidnapping
September 5, 2014
The FBI needs your help finding a Florida mother suspected of kidnapping her toddler.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help finding a Florida mother suspected of kidnapping her toddler. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Megan Elizabeth Everett, of Sunrise, did not return her daughter, Lilly Abigail Baumann, to the girl’s father—violating a court-ordered custody agreement. Special Agent Sarah Gioielli says Megan moved out of her house and never returned.
Sarah Gioielli: She left a note saying she was taking the daughter and she wasn’t coming back. That she would rather not have joint custody; she wanted to keep her daughter for herself.
Halpern: The FBI is working with its law enforcement partners and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children so that Lilly can be parented by her mother and father.
Gioielli: Lilly was born in March 2012, so she’s about 2 and a half now. Beautiful little girl—brown hair, brown eyes—she’s a very happy, smiley kid. We just more than anything would like to reunite Lilly with her dad.
Halpern: Megan has ties to Canada and may be traveling in a 1999 four-door silver Saturn.
If you have information about this case, call your local FBI office.
- 01.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Organized Retail Crime Can Create Health Dangers for Consumers
- 01.05.2017 — FBI, This Week: Highway Serial Killings Initiative
- 12.29.2016 — FBI, This Week: Report Border Corruption
- 12.23.2016 — Se Busca por el FBI: Robert Francis Van Wisse en la Lista de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 12.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI