October 27, 2011
A convicted felon is on the lam, and the FBI needs your help tracking him down.
Mollie Halpern: A convicted felon is on the lam, and the FBI needs your help tracking him down.
Brett Chabot: We think, based on some intelligence that we have, that he is either in Rio de Janeiro or San Paulo.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Luis Ferreira pled guilty to operating a telemarketing investment scam out of Deerfield Beach, Florida and New York City that involved precious metals. Special Agent Brett Chabot…
Chabot: We spoke to plenty of investors who had been defrauded out of money.
Halpern: 44-year-old Ferreira failed to report to the Bureau of Prisons to begin his sentence.
Chabot: He cut his ankle bracelet and essentially fled the country.
Halpern: Ferreira has used many aliases, like Lou Almeida and Luis Carlos De Almeida.
Chabot: There’s a lot of people we think might actually still be in contact with him, including his ex-wife.
Halpern: Ferreira was also involved with an Internet business called L’amour that sells hair products. To see a full description of Ferreira, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have information on his whereabouts. call your local FBI office.
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social