October 27, 2011
A convicted felon is on the lam, and the FBI needs your help tracking him down.
Mollie Halpern: A convicted felon is on the lam, and the FBI needs your help tracking him down.
Brett Chabot: We think, based on some intelligence that we have, that he is either in Rio de Janeiro or San Paulo.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Luis Ferreira pled guilty to operating a telemarketing investment scam out of Deerfield Beach, Florida and New York City that involved precious metals. Special Agent Brett Chabot…
Chabot: We spoke to plenty of investors who had been defrauded out of money.
Halpern: 44-year-old Ferreira failed to report to the Bureau of Prisons to begin his sentence.
Chabot: He cut his ankle bracelet and essentially fled the country.
Halpern: Ferreira has used many aliases, like Lou Almeida and Luis Carlos De Almeida.
Chabot: There’s a lot of people we think might actually still be in contact with him, including his ex-wife.
Halpern: Ferreira was also involved with an Internet business called L’amour that sells hair products. To see a full description of Ferreira, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have information on his whereabouts. call your local FBI office.
- 02.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: Restoring the Identities of Unknown Human Remains
- 02.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Partnership Helps Reduce Backlogged Sexual Assault Kits
- 02.01.2018 — Inside the FBI: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII
- 02.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII
- 01.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Preliminary Semiannual Crime Statistics Released