April 24, 2014
Investigators are seeking information in the decades-old murder of a photography student from California.
Mollie Halpern: Investigators are seeking information in the decades-old murder of a photography student from California.
I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Kym Morgan was abducted from the parking lot of the old County Lumber store on the mesa in Santa Barbara in April of 1985.
Michael Claytor: She was never seen again.
Halpern: That was Detective Michael Claytor of the Santa Barbara Police Department. He says Kym had gone to the store to meet a man from Montecito who responded to her ad in which she sought a place to live in exchange for chores. The parking lot is near the Santa Barbara marina, which caters to wealthy travelers, local residents, and fishing boats.
Claytor: We believe that there are connections to the Santa Barbara marina and the Montecito community in this case."
Halpern: Four days later, parts of Kym’s body were found along the side of East Camino Cielo Road in the Los Padres National Forest above Santa Barbara. DNA gathered from her body—which was once considered to be too degraded—is now in the hands of the FBI. Special Agent Bernard Riedel…
Bernard Riedel: DNA evidence is being analyzed by the FBI Laboratory. We are confident that will lead to the identification of a subject.
Halpern: Report tips to your local FBI office or the Santa Barbara Police Department.
- 09.24.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Crime Statistics Released
- 09.21.2018 — FBI, This Week: Education Technologies Could Pose Risks to Students
- 09.11.2018 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 1
- 09.11.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Delivers Life-Saving Message to 9/11 First Responders
- 09.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hoax Threats Have Consequences