Julio Cesar Guevara-Mejia
November 19, 2014
The FBI is offering a $15,000 reward for information leading directly to the capture of a Honduran national who tried to murder a teenager.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering a $15,000 reward for information leading directly to the capture of a Honduran national who tried to murder a teenager. Julio Cesar Guevara-Mejia lured the then-19-year-old to a Davis, California hotel, where he tried to force her into a room. A bystander heard the victim scream and attempted to help…
Glenn Glasgow: …but Guevara-Mejia pointed his handgun at him and took a shot at the individual.
Halpern: That was Lt. Glenn Glasgow of the Davis Police Department, who says the bystander was not hurt. Guevara-Mejia then dragged the victim into the hotel room where…
Glasgow: ...he fired one bullet into each of her ankles, and then shot her—once in the hand and then twice in the chest.
Halpern: The victim survived her injuries but now, seven years later, continues to suffer from the crime.
Glasgow: The one piece that she needs to help her with her healing is to have Guevara-Mejia arrested and brought to justice.
Halpern: FBI Special Agent Daniel Rodriguez says Guevara-Mejia traveled to his hometown of Atlantida at one point but could now be anywhere.
Daniel Rodriguez: Guevara-Mejia lived in a small town—most people tend to know each other, so we’re hoping that one of these individuals may know where he is at. The FBI has been working with both the government of Mexico and the government of Honduras to locate Guevara-Mejia.
Halpern: For photos of Guevara-Mejia, visit www.fbi.gov. Report tips to your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with Wanted by the FBI.
- 05.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila