Joseph Wayne McCool
December 1, 2009
Joseph Wayne McCool is wanted in connection with a Ponzi scheme. He is charged with 11 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy.
Mr. Schiff: Hi. This is “Wanted by the FBI” from the FBI. There is a worldwide manhunt on for Joseph Wayne McCool. He is wanted in connection with a Ponzi scheme.
Mr. Ireland: “He is charged with 11 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Supervisory Special Agent John Ireland at the FBI’s office in San Diego. He says McCool ran the Brixon Group from 2000 to 2004 claiming investment returns of 10% a month.
Mr. Ireland: “He also claimed that before Brixon, he had been a very successful manager of a large, private trust in Europe when in actuality he had been in federal prison for fraud.”
Mr. Schiff: Ireland says there are about 700 victims around the United States.
Mr. Ireland: “ Looks like they were able to bring in about $10 million into the Brixon Group in investment money. A lot of the money was spent generating returns for old investors, but a lot of it was used on restaurants and trips and travel.”
Mr. Schiff: You may be able to help find Joseph Wayne McCool. See his wanted flyer at www.fbi.gov. That’s “Wanted by the FBI” for this week. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau’s Office of Public Affairs.
- 11.16.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Assistance in Hania Aguilar Kidnapping Investigation
- 11.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Hate Crime Statistics Released
- 11.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Serving with STEM
- 11.07.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Search Intensifies for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Greg Carlson
- 11.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Combats Chinese Economic Espionage as Part of New Initiative