Agent Describes Aspects of Israel Keyes Case: He Wanted the Death Penalty
August 13, 2013
Anchorage FBI Special Agent Jolene Goeden, in an interview, described some of the aspects of the Israel Keyes case. Goeden, along with other FBI agents, Anchorage Police detectives, federal prosecutors, and law enforcement partners, conducted over 40 hours of interviews with Keyes.
He wanted the death penalty and he wanted it fast. Speaking generally, that was what he wanted. There were little things along the way that he wanted; he wanted evidence to return to family members and things like that, but for the big picture what he wanted was to avoid trials, wanted to avoid publicity and media, and avoid being taken from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and tried in multiple places. Ultimately he wanted the death penalty and he wanted it quickly; he didn’t want to sit in jail for a long period of time.
- 05.25.2021 — Inside the FBI: Missing Children's Day
- 05.12.2021 — Inside the FBI: Procurement Collusion Strike Force
- 05.07.2021 — Inside the FBI: Combating Terrorism
- 04.08.2021 — Inside the FBI: The Unabomber Case
- 02.12.2021 — Inside the FBI: Romance Scams