FBI, This Week: 110 Years of Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity
July 26, 2018
As the FBI celebrates its 110th anniversary, it rededicates itself to its mission to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution.
Mollie Halpern: As the FBI celebrates its 110th anniversary, it rededicates itself to its mission to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution.
The FBI story began in 1908 with only 34 special agents and two field offices.
Over the past 11 decades, the FBI has evolved into an investigative and intelligence-driven American institution with nearly 37,000 employees and 56 field offices guided by its motto of Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity.
FBI Historian Dr. John Fox …
John Fox: From the beginning, we have been entrusted with a lot of responsibility because of our role in protecting the security of our fellow citizens while upholding their rights and liberties under the Constitution. Overall, we have done that very well, and our reputation has shown that throughout our history. Where we have fallen down, we have quickly responded and changed and adapted to the lessons we've learned.
Halpern: During this milestone, the FBI extends its gratitude to its partners, employees—including those who have sacrificed their lives for our country—and the American public for its support and trust in our work.
Learn more about the FBI’s rich history at www.fbi.gov. With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 04.18.2019 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 3 | The Growing Numbers
- 04.18.2019 — FBI, This Week: Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2018
- 04.18.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Andres Zambrano
- 04.18.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Una Exalumna de la Academia para Ciudadanos Desempeña un Papel en la Nueva Capacitación en Materia del 11 de Septiembre
- 04.11.2019 — FBI, This Week: National Crime Victims’ Rights Week