Fidel Urbina Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List
June 5, 2012
A $100,000 reward is available for information leading to the arrest of an alleged murderer and rapist who is now on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Mollie Halpern: An alleged murderer and rapist is now on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. A $100,000 reward is available for information leading to the arrest of 37-year-old Fidel Urbina.
Pablo Araya: I think he’s a menace to society.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. In 1998, Urbina repeatedly raped and beat his victim in Chicago. Special Agent Pablo Araya says the woman managed to escape…
Araya: She just runs out of the house screaming naked down the street, and that’s when a police officer finds her.
Halpern: About eight months later, another woman entered the car shop where Urbina was a mechanic. That’s the last anyone saw her.
Araya: She was strangled to death, and then she was put in a car and set on fire.
Halpern: Urbina, a Mexican national, has pockmarked cheeks. For a complete description and pictures, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have information on Urbina’s whereabouts, call your local FBI office.
- 09.21.2018 — FBI, This Week: Education Technologies Could Pose Risks to Students
- 09.11.2018 — Inside the FBI: First Responders and 9/11-Related Illnesses, Part 1
- 09.11.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Delivers Life-Saving Message to 9/11 First Responders
- 09.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hoax Threats Have Consequences
- 08.31.2018 — FBI, This Week: Protected Voices Initiative Launched