July 11, 2012
A former Maryland man is wanted by the FBI for allegedly kidnapping his two children and taking them to his native country of Tunisia.
Mollie Halpern: A former Maryland man is wanted by the FBI for allegedly kidnapping his two children and taking them to his native country of Tunisia. Faical Chebbi and his ex-wife have a 3-year-old daughter and a 6-year-old son.
Jeff Johannes: As a member of the FBI Washington Field Office’s Crimes Against Children Task Force, it is my duty to find Zainab and Eslam and bring them back home.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. About a month after the courts gave Chebbi weekly visitation rights, he took the children from their maternal grandparents’ home. Case agent Jeff Johannes says…
Johannes: Chebbi called his ex-wife and informed her that he had the children and that he was no longer coming back to the United States.
Halpern: Chebbi ran a cash-only limo and taxi service in the D.C. metro area. He may be doing the same overseas. Chebbi speaks several languages, and is likely to cross borders illegally.
Johannes: What our investigation has revealed is that Chebbi is a good manipulator of people.
Halpern: For photographs of Chebbi and his children, visit www.fbi.gov. To report a tip, call your nearest FBI office or the American Embassy or Consulate.
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative
- 07.26.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Hogan’s Alley—El Pueblo Más Malo en América