Endangered Child Alert Program
July 8, 2011
The FBI needs your help tracking down adults involved in child pornography and the sexual abuse of our nation’s children.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help tracking down adults involved in child pornography and the sexual abuse of our nation’s children.
Michael Whitmire: Oftentimes the adult pornographers are visible in the images and we try to identify them through those images.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and you’re listening to “Wanted by the FBI.” The Bureau’s endangered child alert program, or ECAP, is seeking information on five unidentified adults whose faces are currently shown on FBI.gov. Special Agent Michael Whitmire works to protect children through these types of investigations.
Whitmire: When these guys just look at the camera and smile and then proceed to rape a 5-year-old, we’re not going to let that stand.
Halpern: ECAP has successfully identified a dozen alleged pornographers and nearly 40 child victims.
Whitmire: Identifying these guys definitely leads to rescuing the children that they’re molesting and preventing future child victims.
Halpern: To help, go to www.fbi.gov and select the ‘Most Wanted’ tab. You can also submit a tip through the FBI website.
- 07.21.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Se Ofrece Recompensa en la Investigación del Homicidio de Maurice Spagnoletti
- 07.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: AlphaBay Criminal Marketplace Takedown
- 07.19.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Academia Nacional Marca un Hito
- 07.17.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 07.14.2017 — Gotcha: Couple Sentenced in Massive Health Care Fraud Scheme