March 2, 2012
A husband and wife made a daring escape off of an island to avoid prison. Now, the FBI needs your help tracking down the so-called Dimitrion Duo.
Mollie Halpern: A husband and wife made a daring escape off of an island to avoid prison. Now, the FBI needs your help tracking down the so-called Dimitrion Duo.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. John and Julieanne Dimitrion, of Oahu, Hawaii, were convicted of mortgage fraud, taking advantage of distressed homeowners. Case Agent Nick Baron…
Nick Baron: They would promise these guys to be their financial savior.
Halpern: Instead, the duo used the victims’ money to live large. They even bought matching Maseratis…
Baron: She would buy high-end lingerie, designer purses…Jon owned a large collection of air-soft rifles and firearms.
Halpern: We believe the couple convinced leaders of a sovereign citizen group to charter a plane to take them to the mainland in exchange for financial services.
Baron: …help them monetize certain assets so they could fund their new government.
Halpern: A reward of up to $10,000 is available for information leading to the couple’s arrest. To report a tip, call your local FBI Office. To see photos of the couple, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 09.21.2017 — FBI, This Week: Office of Integrity and Compliance Marks 10th Anniversary
- 09.14.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Operational Support During Hurricanes
- 09.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: Director Christopher Wray Speaks at INSA Summit
- 09.01.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Charity Fraud in Wake of Hurricane Harvey
- 08.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: Operation Wellspring Expands