Daniel Barter – Missing Since 1959
June 17, 2009
The 50-year search continues for Daniel Barter. He was four years old when he was kidnapped in 1959.
Mr. Schiff: Hi. This is “Wanted by the FBI” from the FBI. The 50-year search continues for Daniel Barter. FBI Special Agent Laura Field in Mobile, Alabama is working with Baldwin County authorities.
Ms. Field: “He was four-years-old at the time. He was last seen playing near the banks of Perdido Bay here in Alabama.”
Mr. Schiff: Field says that on June 18th, 1959, the child was camping with family in the swampy area that was infested with alligators and snakes.
Ms. Field: “Authorities investigated the theory that Daniel might have been attacked by an animal. They even went so far as to gut the remains of two alligators.”
Mr. Schiff: Nothing was found. Field says if you hear something about this case, call the FBI.
Ms. Field: “That’s exactly what happened is, someone sitting in a public area talking about what happened in the 1950s actually did spark a lead for us.”
Mr. Schiff: You can see Daniel Barter’s picture and an age-enhanced photo of how he may look now at FBI.gov. That’s “Wanted by the FBI” for this week. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau’s Office of Public Affairs.
- 12.01.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Marlon Jones
- 12.01.2016 — FBI, This Week: Marlon Jones Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 11.23.2016 — FBI, This Week: Preventing Identity Theft
- 11.21.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Iris, el Perro del FBI que Detecta Componentes Electrónicos
- 11.17.2016 — Inside the FBI: Unforgotten Justice - The Story of a Hate Crime Survivor