Cold Case Murder, Attempted Robbery in Albuquerque
August 27, 2012
The FBI needs your help solving a cold case of the murder of a 28-year-old man and the attempted robbery of the van he was driving.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help solving a cold case of the murder of a 28-year-old man and the attempted robbery of the van he was driving.
Frank A. Fisher: This murder is particularly heinous because the driver was a father of two young children.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
The year was 1994 and the time was around 10:30 in the morning. Jeff Oelcher was driving a rental van being used by Wells Fargo Armored Service Corporation along its regular route on Highway 6 outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Without warning, a man lying in the bed of a pickup truck parked on the side of the road opened fire with a high-powered rifle, striking Oelcher in the head. FBI Spokesperson Frank Fisher…
Fisher: The other courier in the van was able to return fire and the shooter left without getting any money.
Halpern: The investigation revealed it was an ambush. A $20,000 reward is available for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Oelcher’s death.
Fisher: Somebody knows who did this and we want to talk to that person.
Halpern: Report tips to your local FBI office or visit www.fbi.gov
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative