Church Hate Crimes
September 30, 2013
Three Montana churches and their congregations are victims of acts and messages inflamed by hate.
Mollie Halpern: Three Montana churches and their congregations are victims of acts and messages inflamed by hate.
Greg Rice: The type of destruction, vandalism was meant to intimidate and harass Christian worshippers.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Three churches of different Christian denominations were vandalized in Bozeman between April and August. Fires were also set inside of them. The crimes are connected. Special Agent Greg Rice says perpetrators caused upwards of $30,000 in damages …
Rice: Bibles were burned. They wrote profane graffiti. They broke a number of sacred items, threw holy water and wine around, broke a number of beautiful stained-glass windows.
Halpern: As a result, parishioners were prevented from holding services.
Rice: We have an obligation as FBI agents to ensure the rights of those that would like to worship.
Halpern: The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the identification, arrest, and conviction of the perpetrators. Report tips to your local FBI field office. For photos visit www.fbi.gov.
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 02.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: NCIC Enters its 50th Year
- 02.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Ruben Perez Rivera
- 02.09.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Launches FBI Wanted Mobile App
- 02.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches New Labor Trafficking Initiative