December 18, 2013
A man who grew up in the Boston area is the latest addition to the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists list.
Mollie Halpern: A man who grew up in the Boston area is the latest addition to the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists list.
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $50,000 for information leading to the capture and return of Ahmad Abousamra to the United States.
Thomas Daly: He has shown that he wants to kill United States soldiers.
Halpern: That was Thomas Daly, a Lowell Police Department sergeant on FBI Boston’s Joint Terrorism Task Force. Daly says Abousamra made at least three trips overseas to attend terrorist training with the intention to fight American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. An indictment against Abousamra alleges he believed there was religious justification for suicide bombings.
Daly: The events of September 11, 2001 inspired him to act on his extremist views.
Halpern: Abousamra is a computer science major and is fluent in Arabic and English.
Daly: One thing of note is his high-pitched voice that would distinguish him from others.
Mollie Halpern: Abousamra was last known to be in Aleppo, Syria. If you have information about him, please call your local FBI field office or nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative