Abiquiu Dam Shooters
December 31, 2012
A $55,000 reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible for shooting an Army Corps of Engineers park ranger.
Mollie Halpern: A $55,000 reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible for shooting an Army Corps of Engineers park ranger.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Alfred Chavez was patrolling property near Abiquiu Dam in New Mexico five years ago when he noticed someone had broken the chain to a pump house. Then he saw two men exiting the building. One of them pulled out a revolver and fired two rounds at the park ranger, who immediately turned to run away. Special Agent David Kice…
David Kice: The first round missed his head, just barely. The second round got him in the back of the leg—right above the knee—and shattered his thigh bone.
Halpern: Chavez fell to the ground, injuring his back. He still managed to get a good look at the men. One of them had a tattoo on his neck and the other one had a tattoo on one of his forearms. The men took off in a 1990s-model white pickup truck with tinted windows…
Kice: It had some damage to the tailgate area.
Halpern: For more information on this case, visit www.fbi.gov. Report tips to your nearest FBI field office.
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston
- 08.11.2016 — FBI, This Week: The Internet Crime Complaint Center
- 08.04.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Evidence Response Teams