Serial Bank Robber Pleads Guilty
|U.S. Attorney’s Office March 14, 2013|
Aaron Thomas, 47, of Philadelphia, pleaded guilty today to six counts of bank robbery, announced United States Attorney Zane David Memeger. Thomas pleaded guilty to robbing six banks:
- PNC Bank located on Old York Road in Abington on August 10, 2012
- TD Bank located on City Avenue in Philadelphia, on August 8, 2012
- TD Bank located on City Avenue in Philadelphia on May 17, 2011
- TD Bank located on Moreland Road in Abington, on September 17, 2009
- TD Bank located on Grant Avenue in Philadelphia, on September 17, 2009
- TD Bank located on Old York Road in Abington on July 24, 2009.
Thomas was apprehended by Abington Police following the PNC Bank robbery on August 10, 2012 after a vehicle and foot pursuit through the streets of Abington and Philadelphia that resulted in two police officers being injured and several vehicles damaged. Thomas has two prior convictions for bank robbery.
Sentencing is scheduled for June 12, 2013, before the Honorable Lawrence F. Stengel.
The case was investigated by Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Abington Township Police Department, and the Philadelphia Police Department. It is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Robert J. Livermore.