Bank Robbery Bandit Identified, Sought After Six Heists
|FBI New York July 16, 2013|
The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the New York City Police Department are looking for a serial bank robber who has robbed six banks in recent months. The FBI and NYPD have identified the suspect as Andre Calix.
Mr. Calix usually enters the bank wearing a collared shirt, hat, sunglasses, and in several of the robberies has carried a black leather briefcase. He passes a note demanding cash, and in the most recent bank robbery, he displayed a black semi-automatic handgun. Mr. Calix is known to flee on foot.
Mr. Calix is a 31-year-old black male. He is approximately 6’0’’ tall, 180 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes. Mr. Calix speaks English and also may be known as Greg Barnard.
He was last seen robbing an HSBC Bank located at 250 Park Avenue in Manhattan on Monday, July 8, 2013, at approximately 11 a.m.
|Surveillance photo of Andre Calix taken at HSBC Bank on July 9, 2013|
Other banks Mr. Calix has allegedly robbed:
- Capital One Bank, 1407 Broadway, Manhattan, New York, on Monday June, 3, 2013
- Sovereign Bank, 1350 Broadway, Manhattan, New York, on Monday June 10, 2013
- Chase Bank, 2275 Broadway, Manhattan, New York, on Saturday June 15, 2013
- HSBC Bank, 739 Amsterdam, Manhattan, New York, on Monday July, 1, 2013
- HSBC Bank, 2411 Broadway, Manhattan, New York, on Tuesday July 2, 2013
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI immediately at 212-384-1000. Tipsters may remain anonymous.
Mr. Calix should be considered armed and dangerous.
Follow the FBI’s New York Office on Twitter.