Wanted by the FBI: Lamont Stephenson Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
A New Jersey man wanted for murdering his fiancée and her dog has been added to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a reward of up to $100,000 is available for information leading to his arrest.
Mollie Halpern: Take a hard look at this man.
He is Lamont Stephenson and the newest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list for allegedly murdering his fiancée—a mother of two—and the family dog.
Lamont Stephenson asphyxiated Olga DeJesus and Lola the Chihuahua at the home the couple shared in Newark, New Jersey, four years ago this month.
On the same day as the murder, Stephenson was last seen on this surveillance video at Newark’s Penn Station bus and train terminal.
FBI Supervisory Special Agent Carl Priddy …
Carl Priddy: The FBI believes the way Stephenson killed Olga and her dog shows he has a strong tendency to act out in rage, and the concern is, he is a threat to other women and the community as a whole.
Halpern: Olga was affectionately known to family and friends as Ivy.
Older brother Felix says she was the life of the party.
Felix DeJesus, Jr.: My sister Ivy had a big personality. She was very outgoing.
Halpern: She was planning the pair’s wedding.
DeJesus, Jr.: He's supposed to protect her and he didn't. He took her life. He took her away from my family, and my family has been suffering all this time.
Halpern: Stephenson has ties to Virginia and North and South Carolina. He has a history of working with cars.
A reward of up to $100,000 is available for information that leads directly to Stephenson’s arrest.
Report tips to 1-800-CALL-FBI or tips.fbi.gov.
DeJesus, Jr.: The one thing that I really want so bad—more than anything in the world—is justice. He needs to be caught.
Halpern: With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division