Wanted by the FBI: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
Rafael Caro-Quintero, a Mexican cartel leader wanted for his role in the murder of a DEA special agent in 1985, has been named to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. A reward of up to $20 million is available for information leading to his arrest and/or conviction.
Mollie Halpern: An up to $20 million reward is available for information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of Rafael Caro-Quintero—the latest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Caro-Quintero is wanted for allegedly ordering the kidnapping and eventual murder of DEA Special Agent Enrique Camarena—who was also known as Kiki—in 1985.
Caro-Quintero, who is believed to hold a leadership role in the Sinaloa Cartel, blamed Camarena for a raid on his drug crops that cost the cartel hundreds of millions of dollars.
FBI Special Agent Russell Ellersick says the cartel kidnapped Kiki while he was on his way to have lunch with his wife.
Russell A. Ellersick: Over several days, including a gruesome torture event that ultimately resulted in his death—that’s the red line that doesn’t get crossed. You’re talking about a United States special agent that was kidnapped, tortured, and killed.
Halpern: Camarena is survived by his wife and three sons.
Report tips at 1-800-CALL-FBI or online at tips.fbi.gov.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 04.15.2019 — Seeking Information: Feb. 14, 2019, Bank Robbery, Las Vegas
- 03.27.2019 — FBI Boston Seeking Witnesses in Jassy Correia Kidnapping Case
- 03.26.2019 — FBI and Partners Target Darknet Opioid Traffickers
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Marks 20 Years of Training at ‘Body Farm’
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Training at the ‘Body Farm’ (360º)
- 03.20.2019 — Training at Human Remains Recovery Course
- 03.13.2019 — Their Voices: Remembering 9/11
- 03.13.2019 — FBI Agents and Analysts Tour 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- 03.11.2019 — Portland Teen Academy
- 03.06.2019 — Director Discusses FBI Approach to Cyber Threats at RSA Conference
- 03.03.2019 — Former FBI Director William Webster Helps Foil Scam
- 02.27.2019 — FBI Seeking Owners in Cultural Artifacts Case
- 01.30.2019 — Partners in Prevention: Vehicle Rentals and Vehicle Ramming
- 01.24.2019 — Video Message to Employees from Director Wray
- 01.19.2019 — Robbery, BP Gas Station, Henrico County, Virginia
- 12.21.2018 — Memorial Held for Victims of Pan Am 103 Bombing
- 12.14.2018 — Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: The 'Laundry Ladies'
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Kathryn Turman
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Carole Johnson