Wanted by the FBI: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
Rafael Caro-Quintero, a Mexican cartel leader wanted for his role in the murder of a DEA special agent in 1985, has been named to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. A reward of up to $20 million is available for information leading to his arrest and/or conviction.
Mollie Halpern: An up to $20 million reward is available for information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of Rafael Caro-Quintero—the latest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Caro-Quintero is wanted for allegedly ordering the kidnapping and eventual murder of DEA Special Agent Enrique Camarena—who was also known as Kiki—in 1985.
Caro-Quintero, who is believed to hold a leadership role in the Sinaloa Cartel, blamed Camarena for a raid on his drug crops that cost the cartel hundreds of millions of dollars.
FBI Special Agent Russell Ellersick says the cartel kidnapped Kiki while he was on his way to have lunch with his wife.
Russell A. Ellersick: Over several days, including a gruesome torture event that ultimately resulted in his death—that’s the red line that doesn’t get crossed. You’re talking about a United States special agent that was kidnapped, tortured, and killed.
Halpern: Camarena is survived by his wife and three sons.
Report tips at 1-800-CALL-FBI or online at tips.fbi.gov.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 08.12.2020 — Central Records Complex Opens to House FBI Files
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boat Engines and Wake
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Piecing the Evidence Together
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Recovering Evidence in Murky Waters
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: In the Classroom
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boats Passing
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Can We Protect Freedom of Speech While Addressing Fake News and Influence Campaigns Online?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI Doing to Combat Election Fraud?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI's Role in Securing the Election?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Does the FBI Work With Others to Ensure the Integrity of Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Can Voters and Campaigns Find Information About Helping to Strengthen Electoral System?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Should an Oregonian Do If They Believe Someone Has Violated Their Voting Rights?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Are You Concerned About the Impact That Russia or Other Countries May Have on 2020 Elections?