Wanted by the FBI: Eugene Palmer Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
A New York man who allegedly murdered his daughter-in-law in 2012 is the latest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Mollie Halpern: This man, Eugene Palmer, is the newest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list for allegedly murdering his daughter-in-law.
Palmer allegedly hid in the nearby woods and then ambushed Tammy Palmer moments after she walked her two children to the school bus stop.
Detective Michael Cruger of the Haverstraw Police Department says Palmer allegedly fired three shots at Tammy, who tried to escape the flying bullets.
Michael Cruger: The final shot was point-blank range right in the chest as she was lying on the ground.
A neighbor called 911 when it happened back in 2012 in Stony Point, New York.
Listen to an excerpt …
911 Dispatcher: 911, where’s your emergency?
Neighbor: I heard a shot.
911 Dispatcher: Uh-huh.
Neighbor: A lot of screaming, another shot, no more screaming, and another shot.
Halpern: Palmer’s green pick-up truck was found the next day hidden in a berm near Harriman State Park.
FBI Agent Andrew Fisher …
Andrew Fisher: Eugene Palmer is 80 years old at this point, but that doesn't diminish the nature of the crime and how violent it was. The bottom line is that there are two children who no longer have a mother.
Halpern: Palmer is a hunter, a car enthusiast, and is interested in dirt track racing. He has a deformed thumb. He has ties to upstate New York and Florida.
A reward of up to $100,000 is available for information leading directly to Palmer’s arrest.
If you have any information about this case, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI. With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 1
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 3
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 2
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 6
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 4
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 5
- 06.09.2021 — FBI Phoenix Provides Tips for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 06.09.2021 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Phishing and Spoofing Scams
- 06.08.2021 — FBI Dallas Warns of Elder Fraud Crimes
- 06.08.2021 — Swedish Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — Netherlands Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — New Zealand Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — Australian Federal Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 05.19.2021 — Capitol Violence: AFO #134
- 05.19.2021 — Capitol Violence: AFO #106
- 05.18.2021 — Seeking Information: Indianapolis, May 30, 2020
- 05.11.2021 — Director Wray's 2021 Police Week Message
- 05.05.2021 — FBI Outreach Includes Navajo-Language Posters
- 05.03.2021 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Upgrade to Passphrases
- 05.03.2021 — FBI Buffalo Warns of Grandparent Scams