Wanted by the FBI: Eugene Palmer Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
A New York man who allegedly murdered his daughter-in-law in 2012 is the latest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Mollie Halpern: This man, Eugene Palmer, is the newest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list for allegedly murdering his daughter-in-law.
Palmer allegedly hid in the nearby woods and then ambushed Tammy Palmer moments after she walked her two children to the school bus stop.
Detective Michael Cruger of the Haverstraw Police Department says Palmer allegedly fired three shots at Tammy, who tried to escape the flying bullets.
Michael Cruger: The final shot was point-blank range right in the chest as she was lying on the ground.
A neighbor called 911 when it happened back in 2012 in Stony Point, New York.
Listen to an excerpt …
911 Dispatcher: 911, where’s your emergency?
Neighbor: I heard a shot.
911 Dispatcher: Uh-huh.
Neighbor: A lot of screaming, another shot, no more screaming, and another shot.
Halpern: Palmer’s green pick-up truck was found the next day hidden in a berm near Harriman State Park.
FBI Agent Andrew Fisher …
Andrew Fisher: Eugene Palmer is 80 years old at this point, but that doesn't diminish the nature of the crime and how violent it was. The bottom line is that there are two children who no longer have a mother.
Halpern: Palmer is a hunter, a car enthusiast, and is interested in dirt track racing. He has a deformed thumb. He has ties to upstate New York and Florida.
A reward of up to $100,000 is available for information leading directly to Palmer’s arrest.
If you have any information about this case, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI. With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets