Wanted by the FBI: Eugene Palmer Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
A New York man who allegedly murdered his daughter-in-law in 2012 is the latest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Mollie Halpern: This man, Eugene Palmer, is the newest addition to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list for allegedly murdering his daughter-in-law.
Palmer allegedly hid in the nearby woods and then ambushed Tammy Palmer moments after she walked her two children to the school bus stop.
Detective Michael Cruger of the Haverstraw Police Department says Palmer allegedly fired three shots at Tammy, who tried to escape the flying bullets.
Michael Cruger: The final shot was point-blank range right in the chest as she was lying on the ground.
A neighbor called 911 when it happened back in 2012 in Stony Point, New York.
Listen to an excerpt …
911 Dispatcher: 911, where’s your emergency?
Neighbor: I heard a shot.
911 Dispatcher: Uh-huh.
Neighbor: A lot of screaming, another shot, no more screaming, and another shot.
Halpern: Palmer’s green pick-up truck was found the next day hidden in a berm near Harriman State Park.
FBI Agent Andrew Fisher …
Andrew Fisher: Eugene Palmer is 80 years old at this point, but that doesn't diminish the nature of the crime and how violent it was. The bottom line is that there are two children who no longer have a mother.
Halpern: Palmer is a hunter, a car enthusiast, and is interested in dirt track racing. He has a deformed thumb. He has ties to upstate New York and Florida.
A reward of up to $100,000 is available for information leading directly to Palmer’s arrest.
If you have any information about this case, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI. With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 09.17.2020 — New Charges, Plea Deals in SF City Hall Corruption Investigation
- 09.17.2020 — FBI Charlotte Honors Interns Talk About Their Experiences
- 09.17.2020 — Director Wray Voices Support for Police During House Testimony
- 09.16.2020 — Director Wray Addresses CISA Cybersecurity Summit
- 08.26.2020 — FBI Portland Issues Statement on Unrest and Requests Public Tips
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Information in Pharmaceutical Robberies in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- 08.21.2020 — FBI Kansas City - 100th Anniversary
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Missing 21-Year-Old Mother; $10,000 Reward for Information
- 08.20.2020 — FBI Statement on the Charging of Former Uber CSO for Covering Up 2016 Hack
- 08.20.2020 — Seeking Information in Kansas City Mobile Phone Store Robberies
- 08.14.2020 — FBI Cincinnati Remembers Special Agent Nelson B. Klein
- 08.14.2020 — FBI San Francisco Announces Arrest of Alleged Murder Suspect
- 08.12.2020 — Central Records Complex Opens to House FBI Files
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water