Wanted by the FBI: Charles Lee Hill
Charles Lee Hill was allegedly involved in the 1971 shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer. Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Mollie Halpern: This man, Charles Lee Hill, was allegedly involved in the shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer and other violent crimes.
Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week because they are wanted for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Hill and his two accomplices allegedly shot 28-year-old Officer Robert Rosenbloom to death during a traffic stop outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico, in November 1971. The men were also armed with a homemade bomb.
Officer Robert Rosenbloom left behind a wife and a son and daughter.
His son—and namesake—had just turned 2 when he lost his father.
Robert Rosenbloom: He really loved being a cop. He loved being a family man. He took really, really good care of my mom, really loved her. Just a really good guy.
Halpern: After the shooting, the three men hid for days in an area of Albuquerque before Special Agent Bryan Acee says they allegedly …
Brian Acee: … carjacked a tow truck driver at gun point and forced him to drive the trio to the Albuquerque airport, where they boarded a TWA aircraft that was fully loaded with passengers.
Halpern: Flight 106 was destined for Chicago, but …
Acee: The pilot was forced to fly the plane to Tampa, Florida, where aircraft authorities were able to exchange hostages for fuel.
Halpern: Hill and his accomplices then flew to Havana, Cuba—where Hill still lives.
Rosenbloom: I think it’s important that he'd come and face the consequences for what they did. It wasn't justified. There was no reason for this.
Halpern: Hill has a scar on his left check, uses several aliases, and is around 70 years old. If you have information about this case, contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division