Wanted by the FBI: Charles Lee Hill
Charles Lee Hill was allegedly involved in the 1971 shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer. Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Mollie Halpern: This man, Charles Lee Hill, was allegedly involved in the shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer and other violent crimes.
Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week because they are wanted for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Hill and his two accomplices allegedly shot 28-year-old Officer Robert Rosenbloom to death during a traffic stop outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico, in November 1971. The men were also armed with a homemade bomb.
Officer Robert Rosenbloom left behind a wife and a son and daughter.
His son—and namesake—had just turned 2 when he lost his father.
Robert Rosenbloom: He really loved being a cop. He loved being a family man. He took really, really good care of my mom, really loved her. Just a really good guy.
Halpern: After the shooting, the three men hid for days in an area of Albuquerque before Special Agent Bryan Acee says they allegedly …
Brian Acee: … carjacked a tow truck driver at gun point and forced him to drive the trio to the Albuquerque airport, where they boarded a TWA aircraft that was fully loaded with passengers.
Halpern: Flight 106 was destined for Chicago, but …
Acee: The pilot was forced to fly the plane to Tampa, Florida, where aircraft authorities were able to exchange hostages for fuel.
Halpern: Hill and his accomplices then flew to Havana, Cuba—where Hill still lives.
Rosenbloom: I think it’s important that he'd come and face the consequences for what they did. It wasn't justified. There was no reason for this.
Halpern: Hill has a scar on his left check, uses several aliases, and is around 70 years old. If you have information about this case, contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In