Wanted by the FBI: Charles Lee Hill
Charles Lee Hill was allegedly involved in the 1971 shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer. Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Mollie Halpern: This man, Charles Lee Hill, was allegedly involved in the shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer and other violent crimes.
Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week because they are wanted for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Hill and his two accomplices allegedly shot 28-year-old Officer Robert Rosenbloom to death during a traffic stop outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico, in November 1971. The men were also armed with a homemade bomb.
Officer Robert Rosenbloom left behind a wife and a son and daughter.
His son—and namesake—had just turned 2 when he lost his father.
Robert Rosenbloom: He really loved being a cop. He loved being a family man. He took really, really good care of my mom, really loved her. Just a really good guy.
Halpern: After the shooting, the three men hid for days in an area of Albuquerque before Special Agent Bryan Acee says they allegedly …
Brian Acee: … carjacked a tow truck driver at gun point and forced him to drive the trio to the Albuquerque airport, where they boarded a TWA aircraft that was fully loaded with passengers.
Halpern: Flight 106 was destined for Chicago, but …
Acee: The pilot was forced to fly the plane to Tampa, Florida, where aircraft authorities were able to exchange hostages for fuel.
Halpern: Hill and his accomplices then flew to Havana, Cuba—where Hill still lives.
Rosenbloom: I think it’s important that he'd come and face the consequences for what they did. It wasn't justified. There was no reason for this.
Halpern: Hill has a scar on his left check, uses several aliases, and is around 70 years old. If you have information about this case, contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Ransomware?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Steps to Protect Yourself
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Cryptocurrency?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What to Know About Common Scams
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Tampa Seeking Capitol Breach Fugitive Jonathan Pollock
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.18.2021 — Sister Seeks Answers in Robin Shea's Murder 40 Years Ago