Wanted by the FBI: Charles Lee Hill
Charles Lee Hill was allegedly involved in the 1971 shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer. Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Mollie Halpern: This man, Charles Lee Hill, was allegedly involved in the shooting death of a New Mexico State Police officer and other violent crimes.
Hill is just one of several fugitives the FBI is highlighting during National Police Week because they are wanted for committing violent acts against law enforcement officers.
Hill and his two accomplices allegedly shot 28-year-old Officer Robert Rosenbloom to death during a traffic stop outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico, in November 1971. The men were also armed with a homemade bomb.
Officer Robert Rosenbloom left behind a wife and a son and daughter.
His son—and namesake—had just turned 2 when he lost his father.
Robert Rosenbloom: He really loved being a cop. He loved being a family man. He took really, really good care of my mom, really loved her. Just a really good guy.
Halpern: After the shooting, the three men hid for days in an area of Albuquerque before Special Agent Bryan Acee says they allegedly …
Brian Acee: … carjacked a tow truck driver at gun point and forced him to drive the trio to the Albuquerque airport, where they boarded a TWA aircraft that was fully loaded with passengers.
Halpern: Flight 106 was destined for Chicago, but …
Acee: The pilot was forced to fly the plane to Tampa, Florida, where aircraft authorities were able to exchange hostages for fuel.
Halpern: Hill and his accomplices then flew to Havana, Cuba—where Hill still lives.
Rosenbloom: I think it’s important that he'd come and face the consequences for what they did. It wasn't justified. There was no reason for this.
Halpern: Hill has a scar on his left check, uses several aliases, and is around 70 years old. If you have information about this case, contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 08.12.2020 — Central Records Complex Opens to House FBI Files
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boat Engines and Wake
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Piecing the Evidence Together
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Recovering Evidence in Murky Waters
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: In the Classroom
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boats Passing
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Can We Protect Freedom of Speech While Addressing Fake News and Influence Campaigns Online?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI Doing to Combat Election Fraud?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI's Role in Securing the Election?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Does the FBI Work With Others to Ensure the Integrity of Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Can Voters and Campaigns Find Information About Helping to Strengthen Electoral System?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Should an Oregonian Do If They Believe Someone Has Violated Their Voting Rights?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Are You Concerned About the Impact That Russia or Other Countries May Have on 2020 Elections?