Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
Watch a preview of a documentary highlighting the 30th Anniversary of the Pan Am 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland. Watch the full-length video and read the story at: https://www.fbi.gov/panam103
Title: On December 21, 1998, Pan Am Flight 103 was blown up by a terrorist bomb over Lockerbie, Scotland
Title: The bombing killed 270 people, including 189 Americans on board and nine Lockerbie residents on the ground
Dick Marquise, Retired FBI Special Agent: The bombing of Pan Am 103 was literally the first major attack against Americans; 189 Americans were killed in that crash.
Stuart Cossar, Detective Inspector, Police Scotland: This still remains the largest terrorist attack in the United Kingdom. Two-hundred-seventy people lost their lives. And I think for the families, it’s extremely important that we as an organization do what we can to try and bring to justice those that were responsible for it.
Title: Thirty years later, the FBI and Scottish investigators continue to actively pursue leads in the case
Marquise: I think about those people that have given a great deal of themselves. They lost—whether it's a son, daughter, brother, husband, wife—they've all lost somebody. And they looked to the FBI, they look to the U.S. government: “What are you going to do for us?”
Cossar: This has always been regarded as a joint investigation with our FBI colleagues. We share information regularly. That sharing of information is probably the most important part of the investigation itself.
Title: The case changed how the FBI works with partners on international cases, and how the bureau assists victims of crimes
Turman, Assistant Director, FBI Victim Services Division: This case isn't over. The FBI remembers. We have a long memory, and we keep cases open for many, many years and decades. As long as there's a possibility of ever bringing someone else to justice or getting more information that could help fill in the story for families, I think we need to keep doing that.
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul