Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
Watch a preview of a documentary highlighting the 30th Anniversary of the Pan Am 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland. Watch the full-length video and read the story at: https://www.fbi.gov/panam103
Title: On December 21, 1998, Pan Am Flight 103 was blown up by a terrorist bomb over Lockerbie, Scotland
Title: The bombing killed 270 people, including 189 Americans on board and nine Lockerbie residents on the ground
Dick Marquise, Retired FBI Special Agent: The bombing of Pan Am 103 was literally the first major attack against Americans; 189 Americans were killed in that crash.
Stuart Cossar, Detective Inspector, Police Scotland: This still remains the largest terrorist attack in the United Kingdom. Two-hundred-seventy people lost their lives. And I think for the families, it’s extremely important that we as an organization do what we can to try and bring to justice those that were responsible for it.
Title: Thirty years later, the FBI and Scottish investigators continue to actively pursue leads in the case
Marquise: I think about those people that have given a great deal of themselves. They lost—whether it's a son, daughter, brother, husband, wife—they've all lost somebody. And they looked to the FBI, they look to the U.S. government: “What are you going to do for us?”
Cossar: This has always been regarded as a joint investigation with our FBI colleagues. We share information regularly. That sharing of information is probably the most important part of the investigation itself.
Title: The case changed how the FBI works with partners on international cases, and how the bureau assists victims of crimes
Turman, Assistant Director, FBI Victim Services Division: This case isn't over. The FBI remembers. We have a long memory, and we keep cases open for many, many years and decades. As long as there's a possibility of ever bringing someone else to justice or getting more information that could help fill in the story for families, I think we need to keep doing that.
- 05.17.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Charles Lee Hill
- 05.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Arnoldo Jimenez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 05.03.2019 — 2018 Director’s Community Leadership Awards
- 05.03.2019 — Dolly Parton Thanks FBI and Director's Community Leadership Award Recipients
- 04.30.2019 — Download the myFBI Dashboard App Today
- 04.29.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits
- 04.24.2019 — Seeking Information in Indiana Double-Murder Investigation
- 04.15.2019 — Seeking Information: Feb. 14, 2019, Bank Robbery, Las Vegas
- 03.27.2019 — FBI Boston Seeking Witnesses in Jassy Correia Kidnapping Case
- 03.26.2019 — FBI and Partners Target Darknet Opioid Traffickers
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Marks 20 Years of Training at ‘Body Farm’
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Training at the ‘Body Farm’ (360º)
- 03.20.2019 — Training at Human Remains Recovery Course
- 03.13.2019 — Their Voices: Remembering 9/11
- 03.13.2019 — FBI Agents and Analysts Tour 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- 03.11.2019 — Portland Teen Academy
- 03.06.2019 — Director Discusses FBI Approach to Cyber Threats at RSA Conference
- 03.03.2019 — Former FBI Director William Webster Helps Foil Scam
- 02.27.2019 — FBI Seeking Owners in Cultural Artifacts Case
- 01.30.2019 — Partners in Prevention: Vehicle Rentals and Vehicle Ramming