Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
Watch a preview of a documentary highlighting the 30th Anniversary of the Pan Am 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland. Watch the full-length video and read the story at: https://www.fbi.gov/panam103
Title: On December 21, 1998, Pan Am Flight 103 was blown up by a terrorist bomb over Lockerbie, Scotland
Title: The bombing killed 270 people, including 189 Americans on board and nine Lockerbie residents on the ground
Dick Marquise, Retired FBI Special Agent: The bombing of Pan Am 103 was literally the first major attack against Americans; 189 Americans were killed in that crash.
Stuart Cossar, Detective Inspector, Police Scotland: This still remains the largest terrorist attack in the United Kingdom. Two-hundred-seventy people lost their lives. And I think for the families, it’s extremely important that we as an organization do what we can to try and bring to justice those that were responsible for it.
Title: Thirty years later, the FBI and Scottish investigators continue to actively pursue leads in the case
Marquise: I think about those people that have given a great deal of themselves. They lost—whether it's a son, daughter, brother, husband, wife—they've all lost somebody. And they looked to the FBI, they look to the U.S. government: “What are you going to do for us?”
Cossar: This has always been regarded as a joint investigation with our FBI colleagues. We share information regularly. That sharing of information is probably the most important part of the investigation itself.
Title: The case changed how the FBI works with partners on international cases, and how the bureau assists victims of crimes
Turman, Assistant Director, FBI Victim Services Division: This case isn't over. The FBI remembers. We have a long memory, and we keep cases open for many, many years and decades. As long as there's a possibility of ever bringing someone else to justice or getting more information that could help fill in the story for families, I think we need to keep doing that.
- 09.17.2020 — New Charges, Plea Deals in SF City Hall Corruption Investigation
- 09.17.2020 — FBI Charlotte Honors Interns Talk About Their Experiences
- 09.17.2020 — Director Wray Voices Support for Police During House Testimony
- 09.16.2020 — Director Wray Addresses CISA Cybersecurity Summit
- 08.26.2020 — FBI Portland Issues Statement on Unrest and Requests Public Tips
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Information in Pharmaceutical Robberies in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- 08.21.2020 — FBI Kansas City - 100th Anniversary
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Missing 21-Year-Old Mother; $10,000 Reward for Information
- 08.20.2020 — FBI Statement on the Charging of Former Uber CSO for Covering Up 2016 Hack
- 08.20.2020 — Seeking Information in Kansas City Mobile Phone Store Robberies
- 08.14.2020 — FBI Cincinnati Remembers Special Agent Nelson B. Klein
- 08.14.2020 — FBI San Francisco Announces Arrest of Alleged Murder Suspect
- 08.12.2020 — Central Records Complex Opens to House FBI Files
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water