Louis St. Germaine, Senior Criminal Investigator, Navajo Nation
Louis St. Germaine, a senior criminal investigator for the Navajo Nation, describes his work.
We see a lot of assaults. Homicides are quite frequent too. And sexual abuse, practically every day some new case shows up.
In cases of homicide we work hand-in-hand with the FBI. We try to respect one another’s functions.
And even when we’re doing interrogations in this particular office here you’ll see an agent sitting here, I’ll be sitting here, and you know we’ll be doing an interrogation. And the languages would just blend back and forth depending on who it is. They’ll be asking questions in English and I might follow up in my native language. Whatever works. And if you work with people long enough you establish a dynamic that works for you.
With Navajo Nation investigators, we’re here pretty much for a long time. So we’re quite familiar with the area, the crime, and the people, essentially. And the FBI is quite well skilled in doing investigations. So we combine both our skill-sets and that expedites cases quite well.
I’ve been in this business about, almost 30 years. You might say I have an interest here because I live here and I have relatives that live here. And we have to do the job no matter how short-staffed we are. We have to keep going at it.
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul