Seattle Detective Describes Sex Trafficker David Delay's Methods
Natalie D’Amico, a detective with the Redmond Police Department, talks about how convicted sex trafficker David Delay manipulated his victims.
He always picked individuals that were vulnerable or at a time in their life where they were looking for an out. Or exploited the fact that somebody wants to become famous and he could promise them that fame. He could promise them a new life. If somebody wanted a relationship or just to feel loved, he’d promise that. So he really focused on whatever vulnerability that specific victim had.
He was a master manipulator, and he would threaten them, for one, that if they, since they had signed the contract—and usually a nondisclosure agreement with that—he would threaten to sue them for breach of contract. He had a lot of explicit photographs of them. And he would threaten to show that to their families or friends. And in some cases, he had a relationship with these victims, and they really felt that he really did care about them and really did love them, and that kept them still in contact with him as well.
I think it’s very unique, as this was primarily done through coercion and fraud. A lot of times there is force used, there is drugs used; I think a lot more cases of trafficking, you see that verses the deceit with using the contracts and the promise of fame and money. That was unlike anything I had ever heard of before.
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Romance Scams (2021 Rerelease)
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Submitting Tips to the Bureau
- 01.31.2023 — FBI Seattle Discusses Myths of Human Trafficking
- 01.16.2023 — FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Arrest in Unsolved Murders
- 01.13.2023 — Section Chief Jose Perez on Violent Crime Operations
- 01.12.2023 — Sextortion PSA – Salt Lake City
- 01.10.2023 — Madalina Cojocari Missing Person's Vodcast
- 12.29.2022 — FBI Atlanta: Surveillance in Ebenezer Baptist Church Vandalism Investigation
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts