New Charges, Plea Deals in SF City Hall Corruption Investigation
Sid Patel, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s San Francisco, announces on September 17, 2020, new charges and plea deals in San Francisco City Hall Corruption Investigation.
ASAC Sid Patel: My name is Sid Patel, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s San Francisco Division.
Today’s announcement is part of a complex, ongoing FBI investigation into public corruption in San Francisco city government. I want to thank our dedicated agents and analysts for their tireless work on this case - especially during this challenging time.
I also want to thank our federal partners at the US Attorney’s Office and IRS for their collaborative efforts to ensure any individual or company involved in this scheme are brought to justice
While our investigation is ongoing, I hope the resolutions of this case help restore confidence in our city governments for Bay Area residents. San Francisco City Hall can and will function without the influence of the corruption we have seen unravel in this case.
The FBI will continue to prioritize investigating and disrupting corruption in the City of San Francisco. We have reinforced the team addressing this priority matter and we will continue to aggressively pursue this issue as long as the threat persists.
Lastly, I want to thank the Police Departments in Burlingame and Hillsborough who provided significant assistance during our arrest operations of Mr. Hernandez and Ms. Kong in June of this year.
Throughout this investigation, we have had invaluable assistance of many partner agencies. Without their help, our success would have not been possible.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In