New Charges, Plea Deals in SF City Hall Corruption Investigation
Sid Patel, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s San Francisco, announces on September 17, 2020, new charges and plea deals in San Francisco City Hall Corruption Investigation.
ASAC Sid Patel: My name is Sid Patel, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s San Francisco Division.
Today’s announcement is part of a complex, ongoing FBI investigation into public corruption in San Francisco city government. I want to thank our dedicated agents and analysts for their tireless work on this case - especially during this challenging time.
I also want to thank our federal partners at the US Attorney’s Office and IRS for their collaborative efforts to ensure any individual or company involved in this scheme are brought to justice
While our investigation is ongoing, I hope the resolutions of this case help restore confidence in our city governments for Bay Area residents. San Francisco City Hall can and will function without the influence of the corruption we have seen unravel in this case.
The FBI will continue to prioritize investigating and disrupting corruption in the City of San Francisco. We have reinforced the team addressing this priority matter and we will continue to aggressively pursue this issue as long as the threat persists.
Lastly, I want to thank the Police Departments in Burlingame and Hillsborough who provided significant assistance during our arrest operations of Mr. Hernandez and Ms. Kong in June of this year.
Throughout this investigation, we have had invaluable assistance of many partner agencies. Without their help, our success would have not been possible.
- 12.01.2023 — Inside the FBI: Charity Scams
- 12.01.2023 — FBI Omaha Hate Crime Awareness Campaign
- 11.20.2023 — FBI Charlotte: Bus Video in Madalina Cojocari Missing Person Investigation
- 11.20.2023 — Inside the FBI: The Importance of Partner Engagement
- 11.06.2023 — Chicago Warns About Charity Fraud
- 11.03.2023 — Charlotte Field Office at Beacon Project
- 10.26.2023 — FBI New Orleans hosts Federal Law Enforcement Youth Academy
- 10.26.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.20.2023 — FBI Oklahoma City on Panel Discussing Osage Murders Case
- 10.19.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Osage Murders
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses the Threat of Chinese Economic Espionage at Five Eyes Press Conference
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses Potential Misuses of AI During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Characterizes the Threat China Poses to Innovation During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.14.2023 — The FBI Continues to Build Partnerships at IACP
- 09.29.2023 — FBI Phoenix Hosts New Agent Training Program for Indian Country
- 09.29.2023 — Operation Not Forgotten
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Brother
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Mother
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023