FBI Kansas City Warns Against Hoax Threats
The FBI's Kansas City Division reminds students and parents of the serious consequences associated with posting hoax school threats online.
Special Agent in Charge Darrin Jones: As students across Kansas and Missouri prepare for the holidays, the Kansas City Division of the FBI would like to remind them and their parents of the serious consequences associated with posting hoax school threats online. Hoax threats are no joke and the FBI follows up on every one of them. Making a false threat is a serious federal crime. It can result in fines and negatively impact your future continuing education or employment opportunities and in the most serious cases, even result in jail time. Number one, don’t ever call, email, text or post any kind of threat online. Number two, if you become aware of anyone planning to make a hoax threat, tell a school official or contact law enforcement immediately. Remember, if you see or hear something, please say something. Hoax school threats are no joke.
- 09.21.2020 — FBI Tampa Division Encourages Voters to Protect Their Voice
- 09.21.2020 — Prepare to Survive (Short)
- 09.21.2020 — Prepare to Survive
- 09.21.2020 — Run. Hide. Fight.
- 09.21.2020 — Run. Hide. Fight. (Trailer)
- 09.17.2020 — New Charges, Plea Deals in SF City Hall Corruption Investigation
- 09.17.2020 — FBI Charlotte Honors Interns Talk About Their Experiences
- 09.17.2020 — Director Wray Voices Support for Police During House Testimony
- 09.16.2020 — Director Wray Addresses CISA Cybersecurity Summit
- 08.26.2020 — FBI Portland Issues Statement on Unrest and Requests Public Tips
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Information in Pharmaceutical Robberies in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- 08.21.2020 — FBI Kansas City - 100th Anniversary
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Missing 21-Year-Old Mother; $10,000 Reward for Information
- 08.20.2020 — FBI Statement on the Charging of Former Uber CSO for Covering Up 2016 Hack
- 08.20.2020 — Seeking Information in Kansas City Mobile Phone Store Robberies
- 08.14.2020 — FBI Cincinnati Remembers Special Agent Nelson B. Klein
- 08.14.2020 — FBI San Francisco Announces Arrest of Alleged Murder Suspect
- 08.12.2020 — Central Records Complex Opens to House FBI Files
- 08.06.2020 — FBI Boston: Vandalism and Arson of a Providence Police Department Cruiser
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage