FBI Kansas City Warns Against Hoax Threats
The FBI's Kansas City Division reminds students and parents of the serious consequences associated with posting hoax school threats online.
Special Agent in Charge Darrin Jones: As students across Kansas and Missouri prepare for the holidays, the Kansas City Division of the FBI would like to remind them and their parents of the serious consequences associated with posting hoax school threats online. Hoax threats are no joke and the FBI follows up on every one of them. Making a false threat is a serious federal crime. It can result in fines and negatively impact your future continuing education or employment opportunities and in the most serious cases, even result in jail time. Number one, don’t ever call, email, text or post any kind of threat online. Number two, if you become aware of anyone planning to make a hoax threat, tell a school official or contact law enforcement immediately. Remember, if you see or hear something, please say something. Hoax school threats are no joke.
- 11.15.2019 — What is an #UnexpectedAgent?
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgents: Life Experiences
- 11.15.2019 — Female Special Agents at the FBI
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agents Protecting our Communities
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agent Fitness
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agent Culture and Community
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Sussana Iljazi
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Scot Huntsberry
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Marlo Graham
- 11.08.2019 — Native American Students Learn About FBI STEM Careers
- 11.08.2019 — Applying STEM at the FBI
- 11.08.2019 — STEM at the FBI Laboratory Division
- 11.07.2019 — Inside the FBI's National Threat Operations Center
- 11.07.2019 — My Positive Huntsville
- 11.07.2019 — My Phenomenal Huntsville
- 10.23.2019 — Seeking Fugitive Ricardo Rusan for Suspected Role in Bank Robberies
- 10.23.2019 — FBI Director Discusses Protected Voices Initiative
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Social Media Literacy
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Ransomware
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Supply Chain