PSA: Business E-Mail Compromise Scam
Public service announcement warning of the dangers of business e-mail compromise scams (BECs).
Man: Did you make that transfer to Hong Kong for the Emerson project?
Woman: I was just about to. But did you see the boss’ e-mail? It doesn’t look right.
Man: It looked fine to me.
Woman: And I don’t remember him mentioning the Emerson project at our last meeting...
Man: The bank in Hong Kong closes in 15 minutes. Make the transfer!
Woman: Yes, sir. Money’s on the way.
Man [on the phone]: Mr. Jacobs, just transferred the money for the Emerson project.
Mr. Jacobs [over the phone]: What Emerson project?
Voiceover: Don’t be that guy. Trust but verify.
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.08.2020 — Ashley Forbes: Nobody in Town Goes Missing Like This
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case