PSA: Business E-Mail Compromise Scam
Public service announcement warning of the dangers of business e-mail compromise scams (BECs).
Man: Did you make that transfer to Hong Kong for the Emerson project?
Woman: I was just about to. But did you see the boss’ e-mail? It doesn’t look right.
Man: It looked fine to me.
Woman: And I don’t remember him mentioning the Emerson project at our last meeting...
Man: The bank in Hong Kong closes in 15 minutes. Make the transfer!
Woman: Yes, sir. Money’s on the way.
Man [on the phone]: Mr. Jacobs, just transferred the money for the Emerson project.
Mr. Jacobs [over the phone]: What Emerson project?
Voiceover: Don’t be that guy. Trust but verify.
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home
- 06.08.2017 — National Academy Graduates 50,000th Student
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Activist Andrew Holmes Works to Strengthen Relationships With Law Enforcement
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson Describes Evolution of Violence
- 05.30.2017 — Fighting Violent Crime in Chicago
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago School Principal Describes Unique Challenges
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Anderson Describes Countering Violence
- 05.26.2017 — Women Rising: Stories From Trailblazing Female Leaders of the FBI
- 05.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.26.2017 — FBI Special Agent Careers
- 05.14.2017 — E-Check: Edit Search Criteria at Validation Screen
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Theo Williams
- 05.03.2017 — 2016 Director’s Community Leadership Awards
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Al Tribble
- 05.03.2017 — FBI Recruitment Video
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Dan Rodriguez
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Erin Sheridan
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Jean O'Connor